The Unions representing the chorus and orchestra at the Metropolitan Opera have agreed to a federal mediator to help move talks along.
A lengthy lockout at the Metropolitan Opera would mean more than a loss of work for the company's staff. Some question whether audiences would return after a settlement.
Friday at 10 pm, tune in for the World Orchestra for Peace with its conductor Valery Gergiev performing Mahler's Sixth Symphony and Strauss's Die Frau ohne Schatten.
The government should clarify federal rules about bringing musical instruments on to commercial flights as carry-on luggage, U.S. Sen. Jack Reed said.
Tune in Sunday at 4:30 pm for a live broadcast of the Caramoor Festival's season finale, featuring the Orchestra of St. Luke's led by conductor Pablo Heras-Casado. Cellist Alisa Weilerstein is the soloist in Elgar's Cello Concerto.
- Louis Langrée Renews For More Mostly Mozart
- Senator Seeks Clarification of Carry-On Rules After Musician Booted From Plane
- Man Gets 3.5 Years in Prison for Stradivarius Theft
- Billy Joel Wins Gershwin Prize
- Obama to Present National Medal of Arts to BAM, Bill T. Jones