Memorization can liberate a performer, but it can also inhibit them, creating an unnecessary fear of forgetting the music.
Two men were charged on Friday with murder in the death of Mary Whitaker, a violinist who performed with the Westchester Philharmonic and other New York ensembles.
The Metropolitan Opera has now reached tentative labor agreements with all of its remaining unions.
A new film raises one the perennial challenges actors face when playing classical musicians: how to look convincing in performance scenes.
As Scotland debates secession, Nicola Benedetti celebrates its musical heritage. Plus a new take on Fauré's Requiem.
- New York Violinist Found Slain in Summer Home
- B.K.S. Iyengar, Yehudi Menuhin's Guru, Has Died
- Actress's Head, Cellist's Body Digitally Fused in Film 'If I Stay'
- Utah Symphony Barnstorms Five National Parks
- Adrian Romoff, 9-Year-Old Pianist, Makes His Mark on Reality TV, YouTube