Welsh National Opera singer Joe Roche asked fellow chorus member Paula Greenwood to marry him before an audience of 700 during a dress rehearsal of Wagner's Lohengrin.
The Romantic Piano
"Robert Schumann became lost in insanity, requiring a straight jacket when taken for walks," notes David Dubal. "He was considered dangerous." Yet his personal struggles fueled his unique style.
As Giuseppe Verdi and Richard Wagner's 200th birthdays fall this year, we take a closer look at the crucial differences between the two giants of opera.
The latest episode of Q2 Spaces takes us to Washington’s Puget Sound and the small sailboat where musician, composer, collaborator and producer Jherek Bischoff was raised.
Henri Dutilleux, one of France’s leading composers, died Wednesday in Paris at the age of 97. His death came on the bicentennial of Richard Wagner's birth.
Blogger Fred Plotkin addresses the question that that he is asked most often: “How/why can you like Wagner?” The answer: It's complicated.
The composer Nathan Currier can go ahead with a lawsuit against the Brooklyn Philharmonic, which ended the premiere of his oratorio mid-performance at Lincoln Center.
- Video: Welsh National Opera Singer Proposes Marriage to Fellow Chorus Member
- Henri Dutilleux, Leading French composer, Dies at Age 97
- Judge Allows Composer to Sue Brooklyn Philharmonic for Breach of Contract
- Our Emotions Match Colors to Music, Says Berkeley Study
- Boston Symphony Names Andris Nelsons as New Music Director