Download one of the most famous middle movements in all of Mozart’s music: Piano Concerto No. 21, K. 467.
For WQXR morning host Jeff Spurgeon, Richard Wagner's surging rhythms evoke the sound of New Yorkers in the hours before the blizzard.
The mayor says accumulation could hit three feet, with winds gusts of 50 miles an hour, making for one of the nastiest snowstorms on record.
Utterly original and new, the music of Kaija Saariaho is nevertheless recognizable as a successor to an old French tradition of rich lyricism and colorful orchestration.
Mozart would have turned 259 this Tuesday. With that in mind, here are three recordings to help you celebrate, featuring the Requiem, violin concertos and flute pieces.
Some 31 million American adults said they wanted to go to an arts event in the past year but chose not to. The NEA has published a study exploring a few reasons why.
- Concert Cancellations Due to Blizzard
- Celebrities Gasp at Hidden Orchestra in Paris Fashion Show
- Itzhak Perlman, Nicola Benedetti Leave Longtime Management Agency for Upstart Firm
- Juilliard to Create Center for Entrepreneurship
- Five Dramatic New Concert Halls to Watch For