Best known for his pop hits like "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do," Neil Sedaka started his musical career as a concert pianist. These days he's returned to the concert hall.
The Williamsburg-based organization will launch a new publication and present musical theater, in addition to offerings of opera and music, in its sophomore season.
The arrangement of a "sadder" "Star-Spangled Banner" at the Olympics has sparked outcry among sports fans and music experts. It's not the first time the anthem has provoked controversy.
The great soprano Daniela Dessi, who died on Saturday, Aug. 20, was a great example of a singer blessed with a rich 'vita interiore,' writes Fred Plotkin.
This week, Robert Sherman revisits some of the great performances by talented emerging musicians from the Salon de Virtuosi gala concert and Young Concert Artists' invitational recital.
YouTuber Jon Cozart created an a capella video following the (loose) trajectory of classical music, from Hildegard von Bingen to John Williams.
The stars of the movie 'Florence Foster Jenkins' talked to Elliott Forrest about this infamous tone-deaf opera singer.
- Watch: ICE Members Compete in 'Stupid Musician Tricks'
- Watch: Pianist Yoonie Han Plays Debussy's 'Clair de Lune'
- Watch: 'The History of Classical Music' in Under 5 Minutes
- 5 Versions of the National Anthem that Sparked Outrage
- National Sawdust Broadens Its Scope in Second Season