In the last week, two top violinists got a visit by the Repo Man. Find out what two industry watchers think is behind this.
Quinn Kelsey, a baritone from Hawaii, has won the Beverly Sills Award, an annual $50,000 prize given by the Metropolitan Opera to young singers.
There is a certain kind of “how did she do that?!” wow that voice cultists discuss when they hear sopranos hit a high F. Here are some other examples.
Ye-jin Han, the director of the Korean National Opera, has stepped down after only 53 days on the job.
Happy Chinese New Year to ewe! To celebrate, here are five works featuring these auspicious animals.
Listen to the archived broadcast of the Mahler Chamber Orchestra along with pianist Leif Ove Andsnes performing Beethoven’s Piano Concertos Nos. 2-4.
- New York Philharmonic Names Joshua Gersen Assistant Conductor
- Expansion of New York Philharmonic Archives Reveals Colorful Programs of Yore
- Alexandre Desplat Wins Oscar for Best Original Score with 'Budapest'
- Carnegie Hall's Weill Retires as Chairman, Succeeded by Perelman
- With Charles Dutoit, Swiss Orchestra Returns After Long Absence