The Unions representing the chorus and orchestra at the Metropolitan Opera have agreed to a federal mediator to help move talks along.
Today at 4 pm on the Operavore stream, join us for Rossini's revised tragic version of Tancredi, starring Marie-Nicole Lemieux and featuring the Radio France Philharmonic.
A lengthy lockout at the Metropolitan Opera would mean more than a loss of work for the company's staff. Some question whether audiences would return after a settlement.
This week's featured albums include a collection of soldier songs, inspired by the World War I anniversary. Plus, we sample lighter releases of Sarasate and Weber.
Andrew Norman has followed a winding artistic path that nearly landed him in the architecture world. Lucky for us, he kept writing music. Tune in Tuesday at 7 pm on Q2 Music to find out why.
The government should clarify federal rules about bringing musical instruments on to commercial flights as carry-on luggage, U.S. Sen. Jack Reed said.
- Louis Langrée Renews For More Mostly Mozart
- Senator Seeks Clarification of Carry-On Rules After Musician Booted From Plane
- Man Gets 3.5 Years in Prison for Stradivarius Theft
- Billy Joel Wins Gershwin Prize
- Obama to Present National Medal of Arts to BAM, Bill T. Jones