Midge Woolsey

Playlist For January 31, 2013

Ginnie Miller from Cranford, NJ

I was out of the country for a few weeks and when I got back I no longer heard you on WQXR. I really miss hearing you with your lilting voice which was uplifting for one going about daily chores in life. Your love of music came through when you introduced each piece which added to the pleasure of listening. I am sure you are missed by many and I wish you well in whatever you have chosen for your future interests. Somehow my day doesn't seem the same anymore; you were like a friend visiting in my home daily.

Mar. 11 2013 11:25 AM
Julie from Hastings

Thank you Midge, for the beauty you have given us: the music, the voice, the personality.

I also liked you on WNET.

You are a gift to us all.

Fond best wishes.

Peace,

Julie

Jan. 31 2013 08:10 PM
Evie from Madison County, Virginia

Dear Midge,
Today the music was especially beautiful - thank you! The Dvorak "Song to the Moon" brought back memories of my senior recital so many years ago. As you leave to explore new and exciting endeavors, today must also be a day of fond remembering for you. I have only been listening to WQXR for about a year, after a treasured suggestion from a CT friend. He adores you, too! Good luck always!

Jan. 31 2013 05:14 PM
Diana Powell Ward from New York City

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful hours of music you gave to me and my family. Your mellifluous voice and your passion for the music rounded out the experience and you will be sorely missed. May you enjoy the very best of everything in the years to come.

Jan. 31 2013 04:28 PM
beth from UWS

all the best to you, Midge! thank you for so many years of wonderful music.
You will be missed SO much.
xxoo

Jan. 31 2013 03:00 PM
james franklin from Linwood, NJ

Thank you so much for making morning and mid-day so pleasurable an experience for so many years. Your presence will be sadly missed. Best of wishes for in all of your future endeavors. God Bless.

Jan. 31 2013 01:56 PM
Merry Sue Smoller from Miami, Florida

Thank you so much for bringing wonderful music and intelligent commentary to listners like me for the past years. I wish you good luck in the future and hope to hear you again some day. (Particular thanks for the Rosenkavalier suite this afternoon--it's my favorite and I think it is very fitting for your last day on air.) Adio.

Jan. 31 2013 01:37 PM
Helen Thurston from New York, NY

Thank you, from all of our family, for your many years of hosting at WQXR. We have always enjoyed your selections. This morning, when I heard the opening "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning", I remembered going with my father to the anniversary concert staging -- with the original cast and team -- of "Oklahoma!" at Lincoln Center and hearing the original Curly sing. This song was a favorite of my father's, who sang it a lot, in the car, as we children were falling asleep, and whenever he was feeling particularly happy, which was often. Years later, at my wedding, when he was no longer alive, I asked a friend to sing "Oh, What ..." as a way of having his presence through this beautiful song. When I was little, my mother and father always played WQXR as we had breakfast and got ready for school. I can remember all four children marching around the dinner table to a breakfast march. Several decades later, my husband and I tuned into WQXR for our own children at every breakfast. We owe so much to WQXR and its wonderful staff. Music has always brought so much present joy and wonderful memories. I have enjoyed seeing you at the Naumberg Bandshell concerts and will miss your regular presence on WQXR.

Jan. 31 2013 12:24 PM
Tom Lupinski from Red Bank, NJ

Thank You for many years of wonderful music. You brought many years of relaxation and comfort in time of need. We wish you the very best in the future. You will truely be missed.

Jan. 31 2013 11:36 AM
bob Chamberlin

I've been listening to you for the past 20 years and have enjoyed every minute. I'll miss you. Good luck for your future. Keep in touch. Resident of Glen Ridge, NJ

Jan. 31 2013 10:19 AM