Terrance McKnight

Playlist For December 31, 2013

As always, I hope the programmers highlight some of our votes that did not make the top 105 during 2014. If they play different music during the year, there might be different choices in the 2014 Countdown.

DD~~

Copland - Music for the Theatre; Vaughan Williams - Serenade to Music (VOCAL version); Bernstein - Chichester Psalms, etc.

Jan. 01 2014 01:53 AM
Jeffery Triggs

Nice choice for Beethoven's 9th this time! :-)

Jan. 01 2014 12:49 AM
tony simmonds

Oh the dreary parade of the warhorses. Play more of them during the year? Please, no. Given the educated variety offered, the Countdown is an annual disappointment I can't seem to forgo. Could it still be be Brahms 3 at number one? No, of course it could not.

Dec. 31 2013 10:58 PM
polly from New York

Well now! I wonder which Beethoven's Ninth we are going to hear as #1?
I would love to hear the performance with Bernstein and a huge force of mixed orchestra and chorus members that went on in 1989 when the Berlin Wall came down. Must have been Bernstein's last Ninth -- he was gone less than a year later. I have tears in my eyes every time watching it. That is the one where they substituted "Freiheit" for "Freude" in the text.

Dec. 31 2013 09:47 PM
Jeffery Triggs from Madison, NJ

It would be nice if you played more of these during the year...

Dec. 31 2013 09:28 PM
William . Slade from Cortland Manor, NY

This year's top 105 classical hits list is absolutely superb. With all of the wonderful wqxr channel choices, it would be nice if even for a brief time to host a channel featuring the top 105 classical hits of 2013 on your website. Thanks for the great music.
-Bill