Terrance McKnight

Playlist For January 31, 2014

David Gravitz from Westchester, NY

For Schubert's birthday today, you played 3 of my favorite pieces of his chamber music today - the "Trout" quintet, "Death and the Maiden" quartet and the "Arpeggione" sonata. Thank you for making my day.

Jan. 31 2014 10:51 PM
Constantine from New York

It did.

Jan. 31 2014 10:00 PM
Constantine from New York

It did.

Jan. 31 2014 10:00 PM
Costantine from New York

As usual, I only meant to enter my comment once. Hope the same thing doesn't happen this time.

Jan. 31 2014 09:59 PM
Costantine from New York

Jan. 31 2014 09:59 PM
Constantine from New York

This is number 2 of the second set of Slavonic Dances; number 10 of the entire series. Isn't it time to end the confusing practice of numbering the two sets separately? (Back when I first started listening in the '50's, the continuous numbering was used on this station, but some time afterwards, the separate numberings came into use. Why? De didn't hesitate to renumber the Symphonies Dvorak called nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as nos. 6, 7, 5, 8 and 9, did we?

Jan. 31 2014 09:57 PM