Reflections on Strauss's Intermezzo

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 09:38 AM

As I write this, I’m still thinking about how great it was to meet so many listeners last Thursday evening at New York City Opera as we gathered to enjoy Strauss's Intermezzo together. Thank you so much for opting to join us for the adventure!

Naturally, I'm curious to know what you thought about the production. "Surprised and delighted" were the words that I quoted from Bernard Holland’s review of the 1984 American premiere at Santa Fe and I would have to say that I was both at various points along the way. In addition, I just can't stop thinking about the tour-de-force performance that Mary Dunleavy delivered. What an accomplishment!

But, enough about my thoughts. Let’s hear what you have to say.

And by all means, I hope we meet again soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

WQXR

Grainer,

We have passed your concern about our pledge form along to Listener Services. Any problems with the pledge form can be addressed to them directly at listenerservices@wqxr.org. Thanks for your support!

Dec. 07 2010 11:20 AM

@grainer- You must make a repeat contribution or they send Midge to your home to punish you....

Dec. 05 2010 11:10 PM
grainer from Irvington NY

I tried to donate to WQXR and chose to make a single contribution. The window insisted that I pick
a level of repeat contribution and I could not past
this page. You had better check your website.

Dec. 02 2010 05:51 PM

Sorry to comment so late, just back from the holiday, hope you all enjoyed yours.
It was a wonderful evening! Midge is a warm and engaging host, and it was lovely to meet other dedicated listeners. And while I enjoyed myself, I couldn't help but wonder if I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't in English?

Nov. 28 2010 10:21 PM
Frank Feldman

Hello out there!
Was it good or not?!
I'm a Strauss lover, but I have my limits.
Cheers,
Frank Feldman

Nov. 28 2010 09:22 PM

Sorry I do not live in New York but, say hello to David G. for me. Culture is the noblest thing we can create.

Nov. 23 2010 02:47 PM