Announcing Cued Up: Spring 2011
Cued Up Launches its Spring 2011 Schedule with 13 Weeks of Exclusive Live Recordings
Monday, March 21, 2011
This Sunday, March 20 at 2 p.m., we launch the 13-week Spring 2011 season of Q2's flagship show, Cued Up, with the first encore presentation of one of the more mesmerizing evenings in our recent live Webcast history. Hosted by Radiolab's Jab Abumrad, the show features consecutive sets by violinist Todd Reynolds and cellist Zoë Keating, two composer-performers who've amassed legions of devoted fans attracted to the musicians' inclusive personalities and signature, but complementary, DIY approaches to electro-acoustic composition.
Cued Up has become a microcosm of what we strive for Q2 to accomplish: to root itself in the fertile musical soil of New York City; to present a cross-section of bold presenters and venues; to amplify the phenomenal and innovative, local music-making and broadcast it to the world; to present the insights of a wide range of hosts; and to present exclusive opportunities for audiences, familiar and new, to interact with each other and with shows archived online for your listening convenience.
We're thrilled to partner with such cutting-edge venues as Lincoln Center, (Le) Poisson Rouge, Juilliard and Merkin Concert Hall, but are always looking to broaden our repertoire and do greater justice to our vibrant city.
Complete Spring 2011 Season of Cued Up (Sundays at 2 p.m.)
- March 20 | Zoë Keating and Todd Reynolds with Radiolab's Jad Abumrad
- March 27 | AXIOM performs Music for 18 Musicians and Triple Quartet
- April 3 | New York Philharmonic's Hungarian Echoes Preview from WQXR's Jerome L. Greene Performance Space
- April 10 | Kronos Quartet 1.0 from (Le) Poisson Rouge
- April 17 | Sarah Kirkland Snider, Shara Worden, yMusic from the Ecstatic Music Festival
- April 24 | Kronos Quartet 2.0 from (Le) Poisson Rouge
- May 1 | New York Philharmonic 2010-2011 Highlights
- May 8 | New Music from Poland from Juilliard's 2011 Focus Festival!
- May 15 | AXIOM performs Steve Reich's Drumming
- May 22 | International Contemporary Ensemble from (Le) Poisson Rouge
- May 29 | Metropolis Ensemble from (Le) Poisson Rouge
- June 5 | Signal and Wordless Music Orchestra perform Greenwood, Ligeti and Glass/Eno/Bowie
- June 12 | So Percussion and Bobby Previte with John Medeski, DJ Olive, Zeena Parkins and Jen Shy from the Ecstatic Music Festival
Cued Up Spring 2011 schedule subject to change