Q2 is listener-supported. Passionate about this great service and want to take a stand in support of new music? Become a Q2 listener-supporter and make a contribution to New York Public Radio today. And tell us why you listen to Q2. What is it about Q2 that gets your attention? What's valuable to you about Q2? Here are some highlights of our inaugural year.
- Recorded and archived nearly 100 contemporary classical concerts all in New York City at venues ranging from Lincoln Center and the Guggenheim to (Le) Poisson Rouge and ISSUE Project Room
- Offered live audio Webcasts of sold-out concerts by Zoë Keating and Todd Reynolds and world premieres from members of Sigur Rós and Radiohead
- Produced deep dive festivals into the minds and music of Steve Reich, JacobTV and Gavin Bryars
- Launched new shows including Cued Up (concerts recorded live in New York City), Hammered! (keyboard repertoire) and The New Canon (interactive listening parties with today's prominent composers and musicians) to spotlight the extraordinary activity of our city's music scene
- Continued to bring you our four-hour immersive tour through the wild and beautiful terrain of contemporary music with our New Music Virgil to your Dante, Nadia Sirota.
But this is just the beginning. Our 24/7 commitment to discovering, nurturing and sharing the works of your favorite, brilliant, living composers and passionate, emerging ensembles, we hope they point to something more basic: a belief that the best is yet come! We operate with the conviction that discovering a new composer, a new work can change lives; that breathing in the volatile air of creativity and experimentation is always rewarding; that curiosity, above all else, is what keeps us moving forward, growing and developing.
With your active support and involvement, we can imbue Q2 with this spirit. Your membership dollars champion these ongoing and nascent ambitions. Your pledge dollars convince us that discovery, growth, curiosity and beauty are worth fighting for and bolster Q2 at every turn in its evolution.