Re:Sound: First Installment
The First of Two Re:Sound Webcasts of Audience Choices from the SONiC Festival 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
On Wednesday, October 19 at 7 pm, Q2 Music presents the first Re:Sound: a special, patchwork-quilt, virtual concert of those pieces which received the most votes over the first four days of the American Composers Orchestra's SONiC: Sounds of a New Century Festival 2011. Hear exclusive live performances of pieces by Kati Agócs, Fabian Svensson, Kenji Bunch, Mark Dancigers and many more.
To qualify pieces for Re:Sound, vote by text message or smart phone for the piece you'd most like to hear again at each show. Those that receive the most votes will be included in two special 7 pm presentations on Wednesday, October 19 and Wednesday, October 26. Relive NYC's favorite SONiC selections in full streaming, sonic glory, and help us freeze this rich and frenzied hotbed of musical activity for sympathetic new-music audiences around the globe.
Hosted by Olivia Giovetti, tonight's presentation features performances that took place at Carnegie Hall and Miller Theater by such new-music ensemble powerhouses as Eighth Blackbird, JACK Quartet, PRISM Saxophone Quartet, Either/Or, Dither Guitar Quartet, Imani Winds, NOW Ensemble, Talea Ensemble, Harold Rosenbaum's New York Virtuoso Singers and the American Composers Orchestra under the direction of George Manahan.
Tonight's Re:Sound Webcast includes:
- Victor Adan / Douglas Repetto: Tractus (Talea Ensemble)
- Kati Agócs: Coloratura (PRISM Saxophone Quartet)
- Kenji Bunch: The Devil's Box (American Composers Orchestra)
- Mark Dancigers: Sinfonia (NOW Ensemble)
- Jonny Greenwood: Smear (Either/Or)
- Yotam Haber: I Am (JACK Quartet and Harold Rosenbaum's New York Virtuoso Singers)
- Paula Matthusen: But Because Without This (Dither Guitar Quartet)
- Jessie Montgomery: Standing / Forward (JACK Quartet)
- Jason Moran: Cane (Imani Winds)
- Fabian Svensson: Two Sides (Eighth Blackbird)
- Alex Temple: Liebeslied (American Composers Orchestra and Mellissa Hughes, vocalist)