Knights Storm the Showdown

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The chamber music ensemble The Knights perform today at 7 pm in the Greene Space and in honor of their visit, the theme for today’s Showdown is “Knights in Music.”

In today’s jousting contest, it was Prokofiev who was victorious. And to the victor go the spoils; at noon we played his Romeo and Juliet Suite No. 2 (the ballet suite opens with “Dance of the Knights,” also known as “Montagues and Capulets”).

FRED J BRANDT from BRONX

I live on PARSIFAL PLACE in the Bronx.

Apr. 04 2012 11:48 AM
Javier Mireles from San Francisco dle Rincón, Guanajuato, México

Of the three, the most I like is Wagner. But I wonder why Mahler is not played much in radio stations.

Apr. 04 2012 11:37 AM
Julie

Hard to vote against Richard Strauss...but Parsifal? Yes. Gets my vote today.

Apr. 04 2012 11:35 AM
george snyder

In my opinion, Parsifal is perhaps the most highly refined of Wagner's works, though not so frequently played. While there are many stirring moments from numerous of his operatic works, I'm in the mood for Parsifal.

Apr. 04 2012 11:31 AM
Carol Luparella from Elmwood Park, NJ

My vote is for Wagner's Parsifal. The music is beautiful, and especially appropriate for this week.

Apr. 04 2012 11:18 AM
Anna Liza Fernandez

I just love Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet Suite No. 2. Its timeless!

Apr. 04 2012 11:00 AM
Tom

I vote for Don Quixote. It's a great piece, and I always enjoy listening to it.

Apr. 04 2012 10:47 AM