M5 Brass Quintet and Violinist Elena Urioste
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Recorded in front of a live studio audience in The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space this week's Showcase spotlights several talked-about young performers. Featured is Elena Urioste, a 23-year old violinist who has been making a string debuts in recent years, including her first appearance with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra last season. Also performing is the M5 Brass Quintet, a group that formed at the Manhattan School of Music and named after the bus line that runs up Riverside Drive in Manhattan. This is a repeat edition of the program.
Members of the M5 Brass Quintet: Alex Samawicz, Christopher Watkins, Steven Behnke, Mark Broschinsky, and Justin Clarkson
- Ewazen - Fanfare
- Copland - Grover's Corners from "Our Town"
- Calvert - Selections from the Suite from the Monteregian Hills
- Bozza - Sonatine, Largo Allegro Vivace
Elena Urioste, violin; Michael Brown, piano
- Janacek - Sonata for Violin and Piano
- Hubay - Carmen Fantasy, Brilliante
Watch a video of the performance in The Greene Space below.