Join us on the Young Artists Showcase this week for the second episode of our two-part series featuring music from the 2016 Sarasota Music Festival!
For three weeks every June, young artists travel to Sarasota for the opportunity to hone their chamber music skills with well-established guest artists. Established by the Sarasota Orchestra over fifty years ago, the Sarasota Music Festival provides young artists with a space to learn as well as various performance opportunities.
Tune in on Friday at 10pm for a medley of music by composers ranging from Poulenc to Mozart and Barber to Brahms, all performed by the young talented musicians from the 2016 Sarasota Music Festival.
Poulenc: Trio for Oboe, Bassoon, and Piano, FP. 43 – I. Presto, II. Andante, and III. Rondo
– Bhavani Kotha, oboe; Margaret O’Leary, bassoon; Frances Lee, piano
Barber: Summer Music, Op. 31
– Anna Thompson, flute; Belinda Rosen, oboe; Collin Lewis, clarinet; Francisco J. Joubert Bernard, bassoon; Christopher Nichols, horn
Mozart: Quartet No. 22 in B-Flat Major, K. 589 – I. Allegro
– Junqi Tang, violin; Natalie Xia, violin; Georgina Rossi, viola; Atticus Mellor-Goldman, cello
Dvořák: String Quartet No. 14 in A-Flat Major, Op. 105 – II. Molto vivace
– Alice Ivy-Pemberton, violin; Rannveig Marta Sarc, violin; Robert Switala, viola; Laura Andrade, cello
Debussy: String Quartet in G Minor, Op. 10 – III. Andantino doucement expressif
– Nash Ryder, violin; David Goist, violin; Nicholas Gallitano, viola; Michael Zyzak, cello
Brahms: String Quartet No. 1 in C Minor – IV. Allegro (Finale)
– Pei-Wen Liao, violin; Junqi Tang, violin; James Yeolim Yoon, viola; Christine S. Lee, cello