Join us on Wednesday evening at 9pm for the first of a two-part program of performances from the 2016 Sarasota Music Festival.
This episode, we bring you a selection of music composed by Dvořák, Nielsen, Khachaturian, and many more on live recordings from Holley Hall at the Beatrice Friedman Symphony Center and the Sarasota Opera House.
Ever since the Sarasota Music Festival’s founding in 1965, young musicians have flocked down south in June for the chance to experience three weeks of one-of-a-kind chamber music intensives, including master classes, recitals, and rehearsals. The young artists featured in the Sarasota Music Festival have the benefit of learning and performing alongside renowned guest artists.
Poulenc: Sextet for piano and winds, Sch. 100, I. Allegro vivace
– Anna Thompson, flute; Belinda Rosen, oboe; Collin Lewis, clarinet; Francisco J. Bernard, bassoon; Christopher Nichols, horn; Fifi Zhang, piano
Dvořák: Piano Trio No. 3 in F Minor, Op. 65, IV. Finale. Allegro con brio
– Elizabeth Dorman, piano; Yu Chao Weng, violin; Daniel Tavani, cello
Brahms: Piano Quartet No. 1 in G minor, IV. Rondo alla Zingarese
– Fifi Zhang, piano; Alice Ivy-Pemberton, violin; Georgina Rossi, viola; Atticus Mellor-Goldman, cello
Nielsen: Wind Quintet in A Major, Op. 43, I. Allegro ben moderato
– Yerim Choi, flute; Bhavani Kotha, oboe; Lacey Yun, clarinet; Soo Yeon Lee, bassoon; Christopher Nichols, horn
Dohnányí: Sextet in C Major, Op. 37, IV. Finale
– Collin Lewis, clarinet; Christopher Nichols, horn; Nash Ryder, violin; Ben Parks, viola; Atticus Mellor-Goldman; Fifi Zhang, piano
Dvořák: Finale from Serenade in D Minor, Op. 44
– Claire Kostic, oboe; Michelle Nguyen, oboe; Ryan Toher, clarinet; Lacey Yun, clarinet; Maggie O’Leary, bassoon; Soo Yeon Lee, bassoon; Francisco J. Joubert Bernard, contrabassoon; Ray Seong Jin Han, horn; Valerie Ankeney, horn; Cody Halquist, horn; Minji Kim, cello; Braizahn Jones, bass
Strauss: Till Eulenspiegel – einmal anders!
– Lacey Yun, clarinet; Valerie Ankeney, horn; Francisco J. Joubert Bernard, bassoon; Alice Ivy-Pemberton, violin; Kelvin Ng, bass