This Saturday at 1 pm, the Metropolitan Opera broadcasts its production of The Enchanted Island featuring tenor Placido Domingo and mezzo-soprano Susan Graham.
Although C.P.E. has long been overshadowed by his famous dad, the 300th anniversary of his birth is an opportunity to get to know his standout compositions. Here are five reasons why he matters.
According to an audit by the New York State Comptroller, many city schoolkids do not receive the required amount of hours of instruction or are taught by non-certified teachers.
Heroes in opera, theater and literature are characters created by insightful writers or composers. The real heroes are people in everyday life whose heroism too often goes unnoticed and unremarked upon, writes Fred Plotkin.
Friday at 8 pm, Q2 Music streams a live video webcast of Le Poisson Rouge's in-house Ensemble LPR, performing the music of Jonny Greenwood, Bryce Dessner and Bela Bartok.
- New Owners Vow to Preserve Embattled Charles Ives House
- Boston Symphony Announces First Season with Andris Nelsons
- Five Reasons Why C.P.E. Bach Matters
- David Robertson Renews Contract with St. Louis Symphony
- Video: Protester Disrupts St. Petersburg Philharmonic Concert in San Francisco