This production of Puccini's "Manon Lescau" from Germany's Baden-Baden Easter Festival comes to us belatedly, but it's worth the wait, with Eva-Maria Westbroek in the title role.
Join us Thursday, October 23 at 7 pm for a webcast of the flamboyant pianist sharing the stage with young performers from his Lang Lang International Music Foundation.
The Detroit Symphony has named Michelle Merrill as its assistant conductor, making it a still-rare orchestra to have a woman on the podium.
Despite a demonstration across from Lincoln Center—and interruptions from hecklers—"The Death of Klinghoffer" production captured its many layers, writes David Patrick Stearns.
Listen now to the archived broadcast of Gustavo Dudamel conducting the Berlin Philharmonic in Gustav Mahler's massive and sprawling Symphony No 3.
Join Q2 Music all day on Friday, October 24 to celebrate the 140th birthday of Charles Ives - pioneering, maverick composer and grandfather of the American classical music sound.
- Conductor Halts Concert Due to Patron With Restless Child
- Detroit Symphony Adds a Woman Conductor
- Video: One Conductor Wasn't Enough For This Ives Performance
- Basil Twist Rethinks Rite of Spring for Puppet Theater
- Classical Concerts Are Too Stuffy, Says Radiohead Guitarist
- Review: Depth, Not Controversy, Lingers After Met Opera's The Death of Klinghoffer
- Protesters Disrupt Opening of The Death of Klinghoffer
- Rudolph Giuliani: The Death of Klinghoffer is 'Extremely Unfair'
- Indiana University Opera Hopes to Score in Football Stadium
- The Depth of Klinghoffer: What Does the Controversy Say About Freedom of Expression?