David Patrick Stearns reviews this production by the Canadian Opera Company.
Factors to consider include taste in repertoire, age, nationality, race, gender, fundraising skills -- and of course, musicianship.
The New York Youth Symphony’s decision to drop a newly commissioned piece days before its Carnegie Hall premiere has drawn accusations of censorship.
Entertainment mogul David Geffen will donate $100 million toward the renovation of Avery Fisher Hall, transforming the 1962 building into David Geffen Hall.
A new release features two relative unknowns in Finnish contemporary music: Jukka Linkola and Ville Matvejeff. Hear why their music deserves broader recognition.
- Youth Symphony Accused of Censorship After Canceling Piece With Nazi Song
- Avery Fisher Hall to Be Renamed David Geffen Hall
- Artists to Curate New Performance Series at Kennedy Center
- Final Bows for Frank Music, Midtown Sheet Music Retailer
- Simon Rattle to Take Over at London Symphony Orchestra in 2017