Listen to the archived broadcast of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at Carnegie Hall, performing pieces by Mendelssohn, Debussy, and Scriabin.
With an on-stage protester and a hallucinatory staging of Bluebeard's Castle, a night at the Metropolitan Opera becomes unsettling, writes David Patrick Stearns.
HBO has given the go-ahead to the pilot for “Virtuoso," a classical music-themed period drama by Elton John, his husband David Furnish and "True Blood" creator Alan Ball.
Mozart would have turned 259 this Tuesday. With that in mind, here are three recordings to help you celebrate, featuring the Requiem, violin concertos and flute pieces.
An anti-Vladimir Putin protester who took the stage at the Metropolitan Opera has been at the center of previous political demonstrations.
- Conductor Collapses on Stage and Dies
- HBO Gives Green Light for Classical Music Period Drama
- Carnegie Hall to Mark 125th Anniversary in 2015-16 Season
- Suspects in Murder of New York Violinist Indicted
- Video: The Knights' Orchestral Jam Session Yields Collaborative Piece
- Anti-Putin Protester Takes the Stage at Metropolitan Opera
- Review: A Strange Night at the Metropolitan Opera's Bluebeard and Iolanta
- The Russians Are Here: NYC's Passionate Concert-Goers
- Seeking a New Way to Price Tickets at the Metropolitan Opera
- Shades of Black and White and Very Little Gray