The 20-year-old pianists Yun Wei and Alan Woo are recent winners of Juilliard’s Gina Bachauer competition. Hear them tonight at 9 pm.
Whether you prefer Vivaldi or Metallica, Scriabin or Norah Jones, reveals a lot about the way you think, according to a new University of Cambridge study.
Not all classical musicians listen to classical music all the time. Here are some surprising acts that you’d find on their personal playlists.
Philip Glass's working relationship with conductor Dennis Russell Davies brings him back to symphonic form again and again, and he's now written more than Beethoven. Hear #10 all week.
The tenor Jonas Kaufmann has issued an unusual warning, telling fans not to buy an upcoming release of Puccini arias from his former label.
Sakari Oramo conducts a program that includes Walton’s pithy choral masterpiece 'Belshazzar’s Feast' and Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 20 with soloist Lars Vogt.
Explore our archive of live concert recordings and videos from stages in New York and beyond, featuring the world's best artists and orchestras.
- 15 Rock and Pop Favorites from Serious Classical Musicians
- Watch: 5 Classical Music Gems from the Associated Press's Massive New YouTube Archive
- Your Musical Taste Says a Lot About How You Think, Says New Study
- Classical Commute: Emily Hopkins
- Paul Freeman, Founder of Chicago Sinfonietta, Dies at 79
- Metropolitan Opera Drops Free Simulcast at Lincoln Center; Adds to Times Square
- Jonas Kaufmann: 'Please Do Not Be Deceived by This Album'
- Metropolitan Opera Targets TV Sets, Launching Roku Channel
- Bayreuth's Wagner Festival Kicks off with 150th Anniversary 'Tristan'
- How Opera Productions are Revived
Edit BucketEdit Bucket