In a recent study, Dr. Charles Snowdon and his colleagues find that species-specific music triggers responses from cats.
People who use personal audio players should consider limiting their use to one hour a day, the World Health Organization said Friday.
A new release features two relative unknowns in Finnish contemporary music: Jukka Linkola and Ville Matvejeff. Hear why their music deserves broader recognition.
How much were you paying attention to classical music in this year's crop of award-nominated films? Test your knowledge in our post-Awards Season quiz.
Julia Holter and Chicago's Spektral Quartet recently appeared at the Ecstatic Music Festival to play music inspired by James Blake, Guillaume de Machaut and transformation.
Quinn Kelsey, a baritone from Hawaii, has won the Beverly Sills Award, an annual $50,000 prize given by the Metropolitan Opera to young singers.
In the last week, two top violinists got a visit by the Repo Man. Find out what two industry watchers think is behind this.
- Simon Rattle to Take Over at London Symphony Orchestra in 2017
- Cats Prefer Species-Specific Music to Bach and Fauré, Study Finds
- Quiz: Classical Music in This Winter's Movies
- UN Says Limit Use of Personal Audio Players to One Hour a Day
- New York Philharmonic Names Joshua Gersen Assistant Conductor