Gerard Mortier, a Belgian opera director whose nonconformist style often grated the tradition-bound elite and who became a fiercely avant-garde impresario, has died.
WQXR Instrument Drive
We are launching the first-ever the WQXR Instrument Drive. From March 28-April 7, donate your gently used musical instruments at locations in New York City, Northern New Jersey, Westchester and Long Island.
Matthias Goerne got to sing the title role of Berg's "Wozzeck" twice as many times as he bargained for during his trip to New York.
Nearly two years after a preservation battle began for Charles Ives's former Connecticut home, the new owners are speaking about it for the first time.
- New Owners Vow to Preserve Embattled Charles Ives House
- Boston Symphony Announces First Season with Andris Nelsons
- Five Reasons Why C.P.E. Bach Matters
- David Robertson Renews Contract with St. Louis Symphony
- Video: Protester Disrupts St. Petersburg Philharmonic Concert in San Francisco