Saturday at 12 pm, mezzo Stephanie Blythe talks with Marilyn Horne about her big break in opera, and about her love of the Great American songbook.
Every year WQXR asks its listeners: "What is your favorite piece of classical music?" Based on your responses, we'll close out 2013 by counting down the 105 most-requested pieces.
Bell’s latest venture is "Musical Gifts From Joshua Bell and Friends,” which features an eclectic mix of names from all over the spectrum including Kristin Chenoweth, Renée Fleming and Plácido Domingo.
- Nelson Mandela, Sunsets and Classical Music
- Benjamin Zander, Maestro Who Works to Motivate
- Metro-North Derailment Victim Beloved Member of NYC Chorus
- Broadway Gobbles up Thanksgiving Records
- Venezuela Plans Construction of 'Dudamel Hall'