Ottorino Respighi's The Three Botticelli Pictures

Friday, January 15, 2010

This morning I’m featuring a favorite work of mine: The Three Botticelli Pictures composed in 1927 by Ottorino Respighi.

Some works' origins are completely enigmatic. Such is not the case of this colorful work. Each movement is inspired by the 16th Century Italian painter Botticelli. The three masterpieces are:

'La Primavera,' 'The Adoration of The Magi' and 'The Birth of Venus'. All three hang in the Uffizi Museum in Florence, Italy.

View the slideshow below to see the three image while you listen to this piece:

Natalie B. Smith from Stuart, Fl 34996

Good morning,
Kudo's to your webmasters. The artwork was a wonderful complement to the music, and I went to the website to look when you announces it. This website is a great resource to all who listen to your radio station. I admit, I was upset when I couldn't get the new location on my AM/FM radio, but we soon solved that problem. We now listen to all of you on the computer, from Florida, where we are vacationing! Thank-you!
Happy New Year,
Natalie Smith
Howell, NJ

Jan. 16 2010 09:11 AM
cyra

a wonder of a sat-morn getup!
& a 'but, coffee 1st!'
lovely paintings to stare @
pls do again, thanx

Jan. 16 2010 08:52 AM
Anton

We enjoyed the Respighi pieces and viewing the three Botticelli paintings. It was a nice, and unexpected, event this Saturday morning.

Jan. 16 2010 08:49 AM
Dudy Schindler

While the music was playing I could not see the pictures, the whole website was blocked. I was familiar with them, of course, but wanted to see them nevertheless. The Admiration of the Magi could use some enhancement. I did not care that much for Respighi's music.

Jan. 16 2010 08:40 AM
Connie

Yes,a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning.

Jan. 16 2010 08:36 AM
donald steinman

Elegant and adding a wonderful dimension to the music

Jan. 16 2010 08:19 AM

Did you enjoy the pics and the music together?

Elliott