Bang On a Can Marathon

Cued Up on Q2 Kicks Off With Highlights from Past Bang on a Can Marathons

next episode »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bang on a Can Marathon Highlights

Cued Up on Q2 begins with highlights from past editions of the quintessentially New York Bang On a Can Marathon, including pieces by, among others, Michael Gordon, Meredith Monk, Brian Eno, Bora Yoon and Phil Kline.

Coinciding with this year's BOAC Marathon, which begins at 12 noon on Sunday, June 27 at the World Financial Center, Cued Up on Q2 aims to recreate such dynamic, New York moments of adventurous music-making and bring them to audiences local and international.

Dubbed "Lollapalooza advised by the ghost of John Cage" by Vantiy Fair, the BOAC Marathon has become a New York City staple for the past 20 years. The Marathons have presented an astounding range of revolutionary music and musicians, from John Cage to John Zorn, from Terry Riley to Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore, from the 30-voice Finnish shouting choir Huutajat to the hyperintelligent brutality of Iannis Xenakis.

WQXR

Vic,

Perhaps this is the page you're missing: http://www.wqxr.org/articles/q2-music/2010/jun/22/varese-live-on-ice/

You can use the "Like" option at the top of pages to save things you like and find them again easily.

Jul. 09 2010 10:05 AM
Vic from !

humm...Q2...
You've changed your web-page in the last day or so...& there was a concert file from LPR, I believe, (not part of, Cued Up ?) that I was looking forward to listening to > a group of young musicians...ICE(?)
Anyway, I hope you have an idea of the program I'm referring to, & are these files still available in the archives?
Sincerely,

Jul. 09 2010 09:44 AM
herbert vaughan

Fortunately I can turn off the awful Q2 and switch to my cds. How can you try to impose this farce on classical music lovers?

Jul. 04 2010 11:44 AM

Hi Vic,

We're happy to say that the full range of Bang on a Can performances from 2008 and 2009 will go into rotation on Q2. Thanks for your comment.

Jun. 28 2010 02:37 PM
Vic from !

I hope you'll be presenting from BOACM - 2009,
Ryuichi Sakamoto's piano performance of, AMORE
It was a beautiful moment in time ~ in BEAUTY ~>
I was there then... &
Where are you, now ?

Jun. 26 2010 12:55 AM

I took all of this material and the graphics and posted them at http://classicalmusicguide.com in the Classical Music Chatterbox.

Jun. 16 2010 06:23 PM

Sorry, another comment, this one negative:

I only found this because I have an RSS feed for Q2 News. I cannot find Q2 News on the WQXR web site, the Q2 pages, etc.

Somebody please correct me.

Jun. 16 2010 06:21 PM

I love the new graphic "Q". I grabbed it to use on http://musicsprings.wordpress.com.

I also to this wonderful post to a wider world,

Jun. 16 2010 03:27 PM