The WQXR Holiday Channel Plays Your Classical Christmas Favorites

Thursday, December 01, 2016

Christmas gifts (Shutterstock.com/manaemedia)
Holiday channel banner

Get into the holiday spirit with WQXR's all-classical Christmas channel. The Holiday Channel runs from Dec. 1-Jan. 6, and features continuous seasonal favorites, carols, hymns and just the right amount of Pops sugar sprinkled on top. Listen at WQXR.org or on the WQXR mobile app.

→ View the playlist in real-time

JB from Northport, NY

Love the Holiday Channel!

Jan. 01 2017 11:59 AM
Irene Gregson from San Francisco, CA

What happened to the Holiday Channel music stream? It stopped last night.

Dec. 28 2016 09:30 AM

For the folks having trouble with their MACs~

Click "Other Formats" then "AAC+" as this did the trick on my computer while in Safari. If that doesn't work, try Chrome.
Thank you WQXR for this annual holiday treat and a very happy holiday season to all!

Dec. 25 2016 10:45 PM
CastaDiva from New York, NY

Am listening to the Nutcracker, performed by the Berlin Phil. How marvelous it sounds, played by that great orchestra. Another delightful Christmas treat from QXR.

Dec. 25 2016 09:59 AM
Dina from White Plains, NY

The Holiday Channel is such a wonderful thing each year. Thank you, WQXR, for making it possible. I was very moved the other day when you played De tierra lejana. It brought back memories of my parents singing it each Christmas. They called it an Aguinaldo, which they'd learned as children. Thanks again.

Dec. 18 2016 03:59 PM
Jelisava from NYC

Since many in the Eastern Orthodox churches celebrate Christmas on January 7th (Christmas on the Julian Calendar), it would great if you could extend the Holiday Channel one more day!

Dec. 15 2016 03:00 PM
Rick Rodgers

Technology is moving so quickly. I remember when I would be happy to have this streaming on my computer. Now I am frustrated that it doesn't play through my Sonos...unless anyone has a hack that I haven't figured out. Thanks anyway, WQXR.

Dec. 11 2016 08:20 PM
Gloria from NYC

Last year I was able to listen to the Holiday music on my desktop mac--this year: silence

Dec. 11 2016 11:53 AM
david hoops from long island ny

ibid to previous comment. I cannot get the holiday stream on my iMac....????????

Dec. 04 2016 11:00 PM
Carol Luparella from Garfield, NJ

Thank you for once again giving us the Holiday Channel! I look forward to it each year. Not only does it provide an oasis of wonderful seasonal music, but it continues through the entire Christmas season.
It is very much appreciated!

Dec. 01 2016 07:33 PM
sgoett

The holiday channel sream does not seem to work through the wqxr app on IOS although other streams via this app do work. In addition, this stream does not work via Tunein on 12/1 whereas it did work via Tunein on 1/30. What happened at midnight?

Dec. 01 2016 06:58 AM