Conductor Vladimir Jurowski has strong feelings about his native Russia, whether parsing the political subtexts in Soviet repertoire or addressing modern-day civil liberties.
A performance by the New World Symphony was brought to a halt by the conductor Michael Tilson Thomas, after a child in the audience became a distraction.
The immediacy and excitement of the music and character of Princess Eboli in Don Carlo are irresistible even to people who insist that they hate opera, writes Fred Plotkin.
Though DiDonato might have provided one of the most memorable versions of the national anthem, celebrating its 200th anniversary this year, we’ll revisit our five favorite renditions.
Piano superstar Lang Lang returned to The Greene Space to perform and showcase the talents of young musicians from his Lang Lang International Music Foundation.
- Video: Subway Musicians Connect in a Wi-Fi-Enabled Symphony
- Conductor Halts Concert Due to Patron With Restless Child
- Detroit Symphony Adds a Woman Conductor
- Video: One Conductor Wasn't Enough For This Ives Performance
- Basil Twist Rethinks Rite of Spring for Puppet Theater
- Succumbing to the Eboli Virus
- No Joyce DiDonato National Anthem, but Here Are Five Other Must-See Versions
- Review: Depth, Not Controversy, Lingers After Met Opera's The Death of Klinghoffer
- Protesters Disrupt Opening of The Death of Klinghoffer
- Rudolph Giuliani: The Death of Klinghoffer is 'Extremely Unfair'