A new biography explores the ethnic traditions that Bartók drew from, his professional ties, and suggestions that he may have suffered from Asperger's Syndrome.
Listen to the archived broadcast of Simone Dinnerstein and Ensemble LPR from Central Park, recorded June 30.
Living legend Meredith Monk is a composer, vocalist, dancer and filmmaker. While all of these descriptors are on point, none quite gets to the bones of who she is as an artist.
On World of Opera, host Lisa Simeone presents Verdi's "Macbeth" in a production from the Champs-Elysées Theatre in Paris, starring baritone Roberto Frontali in the title role.
Though he is in line to become one of the most visible figures in classical music Kirill Petrenko is still a mystery to most audiences.
- Q&A: Bartok's Biographer Addresses Questions of Asperger's Syndrome
- Webcast: Tchaikovsky Competition Names Winners
- Houston Symphony Hires New York Philharmonic Clarinetist
- On Her Birthday, Watch Anne-Sophie Mutter Play From Her Point of View
- Collegiate Chorale Plans to Change Its Name
- After Tumultuous Premiere, Royal Opera House Issues Warning for 'William Tell'
- I Left My Harp in San Francisco
- Royal Opera House 'William Tell' with Gang-Rape Scene Draws 'Unprecedented' Booing
- Bayreuth Adds Parking Space, Prematurely Reveals next Music Director
- Speechless in St. Petersburg: Opera Pros Suggest Cures for Laryngitis
Edit BucketEdit Bucket