"The likelihood of our getting anywhere on working conditions, on health insurance is perilously close to zero," said a singers' union attorney.
The government should clarify federal rules about bringing musical instruments on to commercial flights as carry-on luggage, U.S. Sen. Jack Reed said.
Listen to the archived broadcast of the National Youth Orchestra of the USA, a training orchestra organized by Carnegie Hall. The program includes Britten, Mussorgsky and Bernstein.
The Italian opera singer Carlo Bergonzi, known as the leading Verdi stylist of his generation, died in Milan on Friday. He was 90.
This Monday marks the 100th anniversary of when the Austro-Hungarian Empire declared war on Serbia. Several promising talents died at the front, others suffered debilitating injuries. Here are five notable musicians.
- Senator Seeks Clarification of Carry-On Rules After Musician Booted From Plane
- Man Gets 3.5 Years in Prison for Stradivarius Theft
- Billy Joel Wins Gershwin Prize
- Obama to Present National Medal of Arts to BAM, Bill T. Jones
- Photo of the Day: 'Cowboy' Violists from New York