Here are five high-tech instruments that seem to come straight out of a science fiction movie. Will these become the norm?
The Knights chamber orchestra took a cue from the world of rock and collaboratively write a piece. The result is ...the ground beneath our feet. Here's how it came together.
Download the slow movement of Mozart’s "Prague" Symphony, performed by the English Chamber Orchestra led by Daniel Barenboim.
Two men have pleaded not guilty to state charges stemming from the slaying of a New York City violinist who was killed at her upstate summer home last year.
Whether you're staying inside or intending to venture outdoors with a set of headphones, here are 10 pieces to listen to as the snow falls.
Utterly original and new, the music of Kaija Saariaho is nevertheless recognizable as a successor to an old French tradition of rich lyricism and colorful orchestration.
Mozart would have turned 259 this Tuesday. With that in mind, here are three recordings to help you celebrate, featuring the Requiem, violin concertos and flute pieces.
- Suspects in Murder of New York Violinist Indicted
- Video: The Knights' Orchestral Jam Session Yields Collaborative Piece
- Concert Cancellations Due to Snow Storm
- Celebrities Gasp at Hidden Orchestra in Paris Fashion Show
- Itzhak Perlman, Nicola Benedetti Leave Longtime Management Agency for Upstart Firm