Though he is in line to become one of the most visible figures in classical music Kirill Petrenko is still a mystery to most audiences.
The Royal Opera House says it is asking movie theaters to change the age rating for its production of Rossini's William Tell.
This week's featured albums span the music of Bach for mandolin and mandocello, Philip Smith's "greatest hits" and Brahms and the composers he inspired.
Living legend Meredith Monk is a composer, vocalist, dancer and filmmaker. While all of these descriptors are on point, none quite gets to the bones of who she is as an artist.
The opening night performance of a new production at London's Royal Opera House was marked by loud and prolonged booing.
- Live Webcast: Tchaikovsky Competition Names Winners
- Houston Symphony Hires New York Philharmonic Clarinetist
- On Her Birthday, Watch Anne-Sophie Mutter Play From Her Point of View
- Collegiate Chorale Plans to Change Its Name
- Sharon Isbin on Gay Marriage, Bach and Protecting Her Hands
- After Tumultuous Premiere, Royal Opera House Issues Warning for 'William Tell'
- I Left My Harp in San Francisco
- Royal Opera House 'William Tell' with Gang-Rape Scene Draws 'Unprecedented' Booing
- Bayreuth Adds Parking Space, Prematurely Reveals next Music Director
- Speechless in St. Petersburg: Opera Pros Suggest Cures for Laryngitis
Edit BucketEdit Bucket