When a new-music ensemble plays Bach, a centuries-old composer suddenly sounds rather modern. Watch the Mivos Quartet's performance at WQXR to find out why.
Expressing thanks through music requires nuance—a challenge for any skilled composer. Luckily, there have been plenty of composers up to the task.
On November 21, soprano Jessye Norman was honored at the Metropolitan Opera Guild’s 80th luncheon in the grand ballroom of New York’s Waldorf-Astoria hotel.
Every weekday at 10 am during Bachstock, we unveil a new installment.
Philip Glass's complete set of 20 Etudes are released on this disc for the first time, recorded by Maki Namekawa for the composer's Orange Mountain Music label. Stream the album now.
- Marina Abramović to Perform Bach's Goldberg Variations at the Park Avenue Armory
- Time for Three Bassist Denied Access to US Airways Flight
- Chopin's Heart Exhumed in Secret, Like a Relic
- Utah Symphony Targets Ski Bums With Discount Program
- Lincoln Center to Rename Avery Fisher Hall