HBO has given the go-ahead to the pilot for “Virtuoso," a classical music-themed period drama by Elton John, his husband David Furnish and "True Blood" creator Alan Ball.
Here are five high-tech instruments that seem to come straight out of a science fiction movie. Will these become the norm?
Download the beautiful "Soave sia il vento" from Mozart's opera "Cosi fan tutte" performed by the Philharmonia Orchestra.
Join us Friday, January 30 at 8 pm as the Chicago Symphony Orchestra come to Carnegie Hall for a night out at sea as they perform pieces by Mendelssohn, Debussy, and Scriabin.
Carnegie Hall said Wednesday that it will celebrate its 125th anniversary in its 2015-16 season with the start of a new project to commission 125 new works over the next five years.
This week the New York Philharmonic digs into its archive to feature works by Russian composers, with Leonard Bernstein and Kurt Masur at the podium.
Mozart would have turned 259 this Tuesday. With that in mind, here are three recordings to help you celebrate, featuring the Requiem, violin concertos and flute pieces.
- HBO Gives Green Light for Classical Music Period Drama
- Carnegie Hall to Mark 125th Anniversary in 2015-16 Season
- Suspects in Murder of New York Violinist Indicted
- Video: The Knights' Orchestral Jam Session Yields Collaborative Piece
- Concert Cancellations Due to Snow Storm