Welsh National Opera singer Joe Roche asked fellow chorus member Paula Greenwood to marry him before an audience of 700 during a dress rehearsal of Wagner's Lohengrin.
The Giacomo Variations, a “chamber opera play” starring John Malkovich as the legendary lover, will have its US premiere. Marion Lignana Rosenberg reports.
As Giuseppe Verdi and Richard Wagner's 200th birthdays fall this year, we take a closer look at the crucial differences between the two giants of opera.
The latest episode of Q2 Spaces takes us to Washington’s Puget Sound and the small sailboat where musician, composer, collaborator and producer Jherek Bischoff was raised.
Blogger Fred Plotkin addresses the question that that he is asked most often: “How/why can you like Wagner?” The answer: It's complicated.
Henri Dutilleux, one of France’s leading composers, died Wednesday in Paris at the age of 97. His death came on the bicentennial of Richard Wagner's birth.
- Map: 15 New York-Area Summer Festivals for 2013
- Video: Welsh National Opera Singer Proposes Marriage to Fellow Chorus Member
- Henri Dutilleux, Leading French composer, Dies at Age 97
- Judge Allows Composer to Sue Brooklyn Philharmonic for Breach of Contract
- Our Emotions Match Colors to Music, Says Berkeley Study